Thursday, May 20, 2010

Oh baby..

So I am 16 weeks today! It feels like it has taken forever to get to this point. My doctors appointment Tuesday went well. Heartbeat sounded good and strong at 146 b.p.m. I am so excited that I only have 5 more weeks to find out the sex of the baby! It should only be 4 but my doctor is going to be out of the office when I am 20 weeks. I was reading on this website that you can tell what you are going to be having by looking at your first ultrasound, as early as 7 weeks.

"Dramatic differences were detected in chorionic villi / placental location according to gender. 97.2% of the male fetuses had a chorionic villi/placenta location on the right side of the uterus. On the other hand 97.5% of female fetuses had a chorionic villi/placenta location to the left of the uterus."



This is my 7 week ultrasound. It was taken trans vaginally. so it is not a mirror image. So If this chorionic villi is the same as the yolk sac, it looks like I am having a boy! Or maybe a girl.. so confusing. I guess I will just have to wait 5 more weeks to start shopping! Tell me what you guys think. Is this on the left of the uterus or the right??

2 comments:

The 6 of us said...

Got me??? Cody's still hopin for a boy cuz he knows ya want a girl! tee hee hee.

Kolbi Young said...

That's exactly what I did immediately after our ultrasound appointment.....went shopping! So much fun, I am just thrilled for you.

Thank you for your sweet comment last week. It really meant so much to me......You will make an amazing mother. Once the baby arrives, you will be amazed at how fast nine months pass. Much faster than your pregnancy. Enjoy these months as the two of you, though. You will look back and remember how nice it was to have a quiet dinner out or even just a relaxing evening watching movies. Things certainly change, but for the better. Love you!