Monday, November 3, 2008

Dunes Trip






So Yesterday Brandon and Melissa invited us to go 4 Wheeling at the Sand Dunes. Todd and I were all over it since we haven't been since July 4th weekend! So we got all packed up and thought the weather was on our side. We even saw blue skys! We got there and had a great time riding until... The Biggest Wettest hail hit us about 2 miles away from our truck! It was horrible and hurt like a mother! Me and Mel were crying and screaming the whole way back to the truck. We finally made it after being pelted for about 15 minutes. Seriously it hurt so bad. you ever been slapped after someone has licked their hand? We called it a Turkey Slap growing up. But that's what it felt like with wet jeans on. I have polka dot like welts on my leg from it! My clothes were so soaked I ended up stripping down to my t-shirt and undies and belting a blanket around me for the ride home. Melissa was able to wear Brandon's cover alls and Brandon had a change of clothes(lucky!). Poor Todd had to go the whole 2+ hours soaking wet as he had nothing to change into. We were completely surrounded by water back at the truck and Brandon and Todd had the privilege of loading up the bikes in the sand mud. Good times! We did have fun though and it was nice to stretch the old Honda's legs.. er.. I mean tires haha ;)

1 comment:

Tina said...

Wow! What an adventure!