Thursday, November 6, 2008

Flat tire in the snow!





So yesterday on my way to work I got a flat tire. However I tried to ignore that something was wrong, blaming the snow, and tried to get to work then figure it out. Big mistake. I ended up pulling over about 200 yards away from the 711 on Bangerter highway, almost to Contacts.. and got out to see this mess of a tire. Not only was it flat, but there is a big tear all around the edge of it. There was about a 1/2" screw that was the culprit! Note to self, if your low air pressure light goes off.. pull over now and check the tire.. don't try to wait it out! I called my brother Brandon, he couldn't leave work right then and asked if I had anyone else to come help me. I called my friend Nate and he was on his way. While waiting I decided to get everything ready. I pulled the tire and the lug nut wrench thing out and noticed that I don't even have a flipping jack! I'm totally pissed at my car dealer! As I was sitting in my car waiting a very nice guy pulled over to help me. He got the job done with his jack that he found in his truck. He was super nice and a trooper for getting on the ground in the snow to help me. Finally Nate and my manager Dan show up as the guy was tightening my lug nuts.I am grateful to have good friends to come and help. And just as I thought that no stranger would pull over, God knows I wouldn't, this nice guy did. Thanks everyone who helped me!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Oh Brittney this sucks! Hence TUH (spit) driving in the snow is dead to me.

Janessa said...

Oh wow! So sorry to hear about the flat tire. That stinks big time. That is awesome that some random guy stopped to help though. I guess people really do still try to help others in need.