Monday, January 19, 2009

Where's my apron?


I have a confession to make.. All the years of telling my mom that I am allergic to doing anyone elses laundry, dishes and or other cleaning things.. I have actually begun to enjoy this housewife junk! I just made my first crock pot roast, to the liking of the husband. I have a routine with the laundry and dishes and the other house cleaning stuff, and i try to put a full week of work in to boot! But a few weeks ago I about had a melt down when doing the third load of laundry.. "Is this what my life is now?" but seeing the look on Todd's face when I whip up some delicious dinner, not unlike how my mom used to, or the smell of fresh clean laundry, I know its all worth it. You may laugh at me because like my friend Terill said, 'there are only two of you, wait till you have kids, you will be doing laundry non-stop for the rest of your life." It makes me feel good to help out the house. And feels even better that it is my husband and my new life that I am doing all this for!

3 comments:

Tracie Jo said...

You are too cute!I am so glad that you enjoy being a wife! If you need anymore aprons, I can help with that!!

Tina said...

Look at you!! I am going to call you Domestic Brittney from now on!

Janessa said...

I love that you posted about this. I couldn't agree with you more about the transition of being independent to caring for two. I love the detail of how you expressed how it made everything worth it. I couldn't have said it better myself!